Saturday, August 20, 2011

Woops



Today I took a mental health day and stayed home with the fam.  We slept in.  Biked to the zoo.  Took Frank for a walk.  It was good.  Gwen got her arm painted (instead of her face) at the zoo. Which was fine... except... it was warm, we were biking, she was sweaty... we stopped in at a coffee shop for a treat on the way home.  Someone had a dog sitting at the table next to us and Gwen started her "I miss Jess" sniffles.  She came over and sat on my lap for a minute.  When we were on our way again, I noticed Gwen's shoulder Octopus wasn't quite as happy as it had been.  It took me a few minutes before I figured out why.  Everyday I learn lessons, today's lesson: As a mother you try to think of everything, but alas you will never ever think of everything.  
(ie. how to avoid a painted octopus stamped onto your shirt)

No comments:

Post a Comment