Saturday, February 26, 2011

Brrrrrr....

November 23, 2010 Brrrrr....
So, can I just rant a second about this ridiculous, never ending winter?  Ok great, I think I will... Seriously!  When will it end!  I live in the great northwest, not the midwest!  It doesn't snow here, it rains.  It rains for months and I'm prepared for that.  I have raincoats. I have boots. I do not however, have mukluks and parkas.  For crying out loud bring on the rain!  These 20° mornings with highs that inch their way to 29 are killing me!  Yes, there was a time in my confused youth when I thought that my bright future was leading me to Alaska... And yes, I still love Alaska, but I CHOSE Washington!  Ugh!  We had our first measurable snow in November, and now in February we still have snow in the forecast.
February 26, 2011 Brrrrrr



I remember learning about the seasons in elementary school, it all made perfect sense... four seasons, 12 months in a year... that breaks down to what, 3 months for each season because as we all know, the world works fair like that... Wrong-o! We just hit 4 real months of winter and I'm starting (or continuing) to lose my marbles!  I want to go for a jog without my lungs going on strike!  I want to enjoy a good 45° rainstorm!  I don't want to fall and bust my head on the ice.  I'm done.  Do you hear me mother nature?  I'm done with your shenanigans!  Give me my rain, give me my clouds... but for gods sake, all I really really want is 15 more degrees... Ok... I'm done.

8 comments:

  1. For those of us who are experiencing one of the driest winters in history (we're 20 inches below average snowfall at this point), we kindly tell you to suck it up and then send some of it our way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha... It would be my pleasure! I think I wouldn't mind the snow so much if the city actually continued to function. If they actually sold clothes and shoes that can be worn in the snow and if they sanded/plowed/de-iced in a predictable manner! We got a recorded phone call from the school saying that the PTA meeting would be canceled due to the impending "snowpocolypse" Seriously? We were expecting 3 inches at that point. Not to mention all the ill calls at work because people can't get out of their driveways (again the plow thing...) or their kids schools got canceled and they have no childcare... We just don't have the infrastructure for snow... you can send some of that our way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that rant! I could almost hear you as I read it. As for me I am done with the cold as well, bring on the spring and a light breeze by I want a 20 degree increase! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 20 degree temps and sustained snows have done me in! Especially with everyone saying that Philly is usually milder but just the last 2 years have been bad. glad I could be here for the madness!

    I love how the small people are standing in the same spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean small person... snow igloo blocks have a shortening effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it impressive that there is enough snow to make snow igloo block! Is this really Tacoma?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's our forecast for this week:

    http://www.9news.com/weather/graphics/home-weather.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bunny: We could have made A TON more igloo blocks! Ridiculous!

    And MOTR: I will never get used to the huge daytime/nighttime swings that you all get... craziness. (BTW I love that your acronym is MOTR.)

    ReplyDelete