Thursday, September 1, 2011

Big Time



Humoring Mother.
Holy Cow.  Girlie has a locker.
Hang on tight.  We're entering the Big Time.  Gwen informed me last night when I was trying to help her with something, that "Mom!  I just turned 6.  I can do it."  Sigh.  Independence.  Finding the balance between raising an independent child and pulling all my hair out is difficult at best.  Today we started school.  3 outfits and 2 backpacks later (the new backpack "just doesn't feel right on my back!" so we opted to use last years small one...) we set off for school.  I must have donned my Harry Potter invisible cloak because as soon as we pulled into school I was gone.  "Hey Peregrine, how was your summer?  Did you do anything cool?"  Chat. Chat. Chat.  May as well have included, "Don't mind my mom, she's got her invisible cloak on."  We locked up her bike.  Loaded her junk into her locker.  Headed to class.  I barely got a hug out of the deal.  One day, it will be an asset to her (and to me) to be independent and head strong.  Today however, it just made me feel like my little girl is entering the Big Time, and I'm just holding on trying to enjoy the ride.

She made Matt haul her new lock and all
of her stuff.  I told you she was smart!
Headed to School!
First Day Duds




It's official.  She has her own desk; her own locker.  This is something big.


No comments:

Post a Comment