Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Post Christmas Detox

I'm always shocked, I'm not sure why, by the absolute exhaustion that is Christmas.  I didn't even host any of the festivities, and yet I'm thoroughly, completely, nose to toes, exhausted.  All that's left is mess.  Mess of treats, mess of wrap, mess of new crap that as of yet has no place, mess of stupid tree dripping needles all over... Why is it that we make such a big deal of this holiday?  And by questioning the 'big deal' I don't intend to downplay the importance of the real meaning of Christmas; which for me is family.  I simply mean, I don't expect myself to take down half of my home decor to plaster hearts or shamrocks all over, the way I expect myself to every December.  Moreover, I not only expect this of myself, I live for it! Every Thanksgiving night I'm chomping at the bit to bust out Christmas, and every December 27th I'm more than ready to pack it all back up... I can't be alone in this?  Nonetheless, I'm super stoked to get my house back and pack away the holiday chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment