Sunday, August 7, 2011

How did I not know this?

How is it that I was left so sadly unaware of all that is... SOCCER?  


Soccer really is a lot of fun.  I did not know this. Forgive me, for many I know this is not news.  I never played soccer when I was a kid.  I didn't even know it existed until the 3rd grade when I saw all of my friends playing it.  All that running around looked exhausting and I felt like I had missed my window (at the ripe old age of 9) for learning a new sport.  I still don't know all the rules but I'm having fun learning them with the girls.  My little ladies are really taking to the sport and I am loving how exhausted they are on Tuesdays!  I'm not saying I wanna be a soccer mom when I grow up, but for right now, it sure is fun watching them run after that ball!







It should be noted that children at play are not playing about; their games should be seen as their most serious-minded activity.                      -Michel de Montaigne


No comments:

Post a Comment