Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My kids are back!!

The girlies wasted no time reminding me of what I'd been missing.  Dialogue.  The hilarious conversations that they have with each other, and with me, never cease to entertain.  We were sitting in the kitchen having breakfast on tuesday, just hours after they returned and I was probing for details about their trip. This was the conversation...

Me: "So how was the trip!? Did you have fun with Grandma Carlene?"
Gwen: "Yeah.  It was fun.  I hope Grandma Carlene never has to live in a nursing home like Grandma Jackie.  But mom, when you're old we'll visit you in the nursing home."
Me: ????
Gwen:  "We'll keep the house, Tula and me, and dad'll be... I dunno... somewhere... but don't worry, we'll visit you when you live in the nursing home."
Tula: "OOOOh, I can live here too? With you?"
Gwen:  "Yeah Tula, and you can do whatever you want!"
Me:  ????
Tula with a joker grin, directly to me: "I'm gonna eat candy for breakfast!"

So, in summary:  Gwen, (the daughter who has already informed me that she will be having children when she grows up, but she will never get married because she doesn't want to have to kiss a boy...) is already making plans to oust me from my home and lock me away somewhere (shortly after my retirement in 2047, no doubt),  all the while singing the praises of the sweet hereafter and bribing her minion with the lure of unbridled freedom.  My daughters just might take over the world.  
Man, this is fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love the conversations you have with the girls! I laughed until I cried at this post!!!

    ReplyDelete