Saturday, November 19, 2011

Monkeys in the Park

There's something so sad about the last leaves clinging to the trees.

This morning I shampooed the carpet.  I know, I know, I live a captivating life.  As much as I hate having carpet in my home, I really do love the satisfaction of dumping out buckets of filthy carpet water.  I love knowing that all that dirt no longer lives in my home.  Carpet is gross.

While the carpet dried (really really slowly...) Matt and I turned over a new leaf and purchased running shoes (surely, there will be posts about that at a later date) and then we took the monkeys to the park.  It was cold, there was whining, there was fighting about wearing coats, there were threats about not going anywhere... But good god, really, how on earth was I going to keep them off the carpet if I didn't take them somewhere... Bah.  Empty threats, that's real parenting.  None the less, for all of our sanity we went to the park.  The leaves were beautiful, and since we are expecting snow in the next few days, these may be the last of the autumn colors we see for a while.






1 comment:

  1. Love the pretty pictures of my 2 favorite gals! Looks like a fun time at the park.

    ReplyDelete