Sunday, May 8, 2011

Only one Mother the whole world over...



I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.  ~Terri Guillemets

My wonderful Mother and I

I had a discussion with my Grandmother about feet.  Tula has her feet.  I pointed it out to both of them.  Grandma gave Tula her condolences.  Tula just seemed confused as to how anyone could have her feet.  I hope that Tula remembers the conversation.  I'll make her remember it, I'm a mother, it's my job.

The foot conversation spiraled into a conversation about hands.  I have my father's hands.  I learned today that we all have those hands.  My Grandmother lamented that none of her children got her hands and none of the grandchildren did either.  We have my Grandfather's hands.  He proudly held his hand out for me to inspect and agree.  He already knew we had his hands.





I love how contented all the men look in this picture.
And I love that Uncle Dave looks like he's in some sort of trouble.  









The gift of motherhood, the gift of seeing the world become a better place because of the people you created, because of the love you give out freely.  I saw that pride again in my Grandmother today.  I've seen it in my Mom all my life.  I feel it when I kiss my babies goodnight.  I'm lucky to have been given this gift.  I'm lucky to have such strong women in my life.  I am lucky to still have them.  My cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment