Saturday, August 4, 2012

Ride

In preparation for my sister's annual visit out west with her kids, my mom and I discussed things we could all go do together.  I made note of the fact that my sister's kids had never been to the desert.  Mom and I discussed this a bit, finally deciding it's just too hot to go play in the Washington desertlands.  Meanwhile, Gwen and Tula were listening in and chattering amongst themselves.  Mom and I eventually clued into the fact that Tula was trying to tell us something.  Shouting from the back seat was Tula: "I want to ride the camels!!"  "What?" said Grandma. "I WANT to RIDE the CAMELS!!" Mom looked at me, confused.  "In the desert." was all I had to say.  A couple days later I took the girls to the zoo and let them ride the camel.


No comments:

Post a Comment