Sunday, April 10, 2011

Perspective

I've been a little overwhelmed lately.  March was full of perspective that I didn't know I was missing. Through a series of near misses my family and friends reminded me that life is short.  I pretend that I'm aware of loss and the fragility of life because I work at a hospital but alas, it is always different when it's MY people.  Wether it was the early a.m. phone call saying someone's been in an accident, or waiting impatiently for a phone call from across the globe for the easy words of "I'm okay"... nothing makes my heart ache more than not being able to "fix it" right now, or better yet an hour ago.  The hardest part of loving is knowing that you can't keep everyone you love swaddled in bubble wrap in the basement.  Living in the moment, loving the time that you do have, letting the people you love carry you with them on their sometimes scary journeys through life... I wouldn't trade it for anything.  But seriously people... Please be careful, I'm starting to feel like the mother in Amelie when she has to set the goldfish free to spare her fragile nerves.

The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
Henry Miller

1 comment:

  1. Some very beautiful words and photo from a favorite daughter. Thank you for being there for all of us when the times are stressful. Know that I love the sum of all that is you and all these miles away across the globe I am o.k. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete